According to statistical data, the following oncological diseases are the most prevalent among men in the Republic of Belarus. 1 – prostate cancer (20.7%), 2 – lung cancer (15.9%), 3 – colorectal cancer (11.9%).
INDICATIONS FOR THE EXAMINATION
- A history of cancer in close family members;
- exposure to carcinogenic factors;
- a history of disorders with a high risk of evolution into an oncological disease;
- detected early-stage tissue changes.
SCREENING STUDIES PERFORMED AT THE RCMC
SI “Republican Clinical Health Care Center” offers men aged above 40 a comprehensive oncological screening examination.
What is included in the program?
- Prostate gland cancer screening
- Urinologist’s consultation;
- Transrectal ultrasonography
- detection of specific prostate gland tumor marker -- prostate specific antigen (PSA).
- low-exposure computer tomography of thoracic cage organs;
- an analysis and report by an X-ray diagnostics specialist.
- intravenous anesthesia;
All the above tests and examinations shall be appointed by the consulting physician, and performed based on the medical condition of the patient.
PREPARING FOR SCREENING
- Please bring along the results of previous medical studies (if any).
- Men of over 40 years old preparing for colonoscopy shall maintain a low-residue diet for 10 days before the procedure.
HOW DO I HAVE A SCREENING EXAMINATION AT THE RCMC?
- You should call the Contact Center to make a reservation for screening studies.
- Fill in and sign a paid service contract at the Reception.
- Pay the bill at the RCMC pay office, or through the ERIP electronic peyment system.
- Visit the Center on the appointed day.