Materials obtained during a biopsy or a surgical operation are preserved as histological preparations (slides) and paraffin blocks in a special archive for several years.
INDICATIONS FOR THE EXAMINATION
In certain cases, there is a need to re-assess abnormal changes of tissues:
- systematization and clarification of diagnostic data obtained during the development of treatment plan;
- comparative analysis to determine the dynamics the disorder;
- application of alternative techniques (immunohistochemistry, FISH and others);
- patient’s request of an alternative professional opinion.
CONSULTATION ON THE PREPARED SLIDES AT THE RCMC
At our Center, we provide consultative medical reports on previously prepared histological slides.
Prepared histological slides are reviewed jointly by highly experienced specialists of the Anatomico-Pathological Department.
PREPARING FOR THE CONSULTATION
The patient shall present:
- histological preparations (slides);
- paraffin blocks -- these may be used to produce additional slides;
- fullest possible accompanying documentation (copies of the referral/report, discharge summary etc.). - to be able to interpret tissue-level changes, the anatomopathologist should have clinical and laboratory study results available.
HOW DO I GET ADVICE AT THE RCMC
- If you have any questions relating to counseling, please call the Contact Center.
- Please deliver prepared preparations to the RCMC (the Pathological Department) from 8:00 to 15:00 on weekdays.
- Please bring your passport.
Prepared histological slide review results are made available at 15:00 on the same day. In certain more complex cases this could take several days.