A modern cytological technique recommended by WHO for uterine neck pathology screening
The main distinctions of liquid-based cytology from conventional cytology are:
- use of special combination brushes that enable high-quality collection of cell material from both the surface of uterine neck and the cervical canal;
- use of special liquid-saturated media to transfer cells to the slide;
- the capacity to produce multilayer slides that enable high-quality cell visualization;
- the capacity to produce additional slides and perform an immunocytochemical analysis if required.
INDICATIONS FOR THE EXAMINATION
- Preventive examination;
- Assessment of effectiveness uterine neck disorder treatment;
- Detection of cancer-specific markers that indicate cervix carcinoma.
LIQUID-BASED CYTOLOGY PERFORMED BY THE RCMC
Our Center employs a fully automated liquid-based cytology system, as well as high-quality stains.
PREPARING FOR THE TEST
- Refrain from using vaginal tampons, suppositories or ointments or vaginal douching;
- the examination cannot be performed during the menstrual flux;
- refrain from sexual intercourse a few days before the examination.
HOW DO I HAVE DIAGNOSTICS AT THE RCMC?
An obstetrician-gynecologist will take a swab for liquid-based cytology study during a reception.