During an ultrasonography of the prostate gland (this may include a transrectal ultrasonography), the form, contours, and the anatomical organization, the dimensions, structure and acoustic solidity of the prostate gland is evaluated, and the form, contours and wall thickness of the urinary bladder are studied.
INDICATIONS FOR THE EXAMINATION OF THE PROSTATE GLAND
- a painful condition;
- occurrence of pathologic space-occupying lesions;
- inflammatory changes;
THE PROCEDURE OF PROSTATE GLAND ULTRASONOGRAPHY
To perform a transrectal examination, an intracavitary rectal probe is introduced through rectum. Using transrectal diagnostics, medical specialists obtain an accurate image of the organ and its various parts for a comprehensive study of potential pathologic processes.
PREPARING FOR THE TEST
- A full urinary bladder is required for the examination.
- For the transrectal examination, administer a purgative enema one and a half to two hours before the procedure.
HOW CAN I GET THE EXAMINATION OF THE PROSTATE GLAND AT THE RCMC
To be eligible for the examination, the patient must have a physician’s referral
- Please call the Contact Center and book an appointment for the examination
- You need to complete and sign a paid service contract at the Reception (present a physician's referral to the receptionist)
- Pay the bill at the RCMC pay office, or through the ERIP electronic system
- Get the examination at the appointed time.