Surgical treatment of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) involves recovery of normal hemodynamic parameters of the left ventricular cavity.
INDICATIONS FOR A CARDIOVASCULAR SURGERY INTERVENTION
Cases when pharmaceutical therapy does not permit effective control of the disease symptoms, and low quality of life is not acceptable to the patient.
SURGICAL TREATMENT OF HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY (HCM) PERFORMED AT THE RCMC
Depending on the anatomic and functional particualrities of the heart, various surgical techniques may be employed:
- septal myotomy or myectomy;
- mitral valve replacement.
PREPARATION FOR A CARDIOVASCULAR SURGERY INTERVENTION
- Laboratory tests: complete and biochemical blood assay, general urine test, blood coagulation test.
- Radiological studies: X-ray fluorogrpaphy, heart ultrasonography.
- The consulting physician may appoint additional examinations.
- Additional preparation of the patient is carried out at the inpatient facilities of the RCMC one day before the operation.
HOW TO GET CARDIAC SURGERY TREATMENT AT THE RCMC
- Call the Contact Center to make an appointment for a consultation with the head of the cardiac surgery department
- Come to the consultation on time.
- On the day of the procedure conclude a contract for the provision of paid services at the registry.
- Pay the invoice at the cash desk of the RCMC or via ЕРИП (SSIS: Single Settlement and Information Space)