This is an effective method of recovery of normal hemodynamics of the heart and of the overall body. If measures to normalize intracardiac blood flow are not taken in a timely manner, the patient will perish due to decompensated cardiac insufficiency.
INDICATIONS FOR A CARDIAC SURGERY INTERVENTION
- Pronounced valvular opening stenosis;
- Sclerosis, fibrosis, accumulation of calcium salts, ulceration, shortening of valves and their shrinking that cause valvular insufficiency;
- Sclerosis of tendinous cords which impairs valve movement.
HEART VALVE SURGERY PERFORMED AT THE RCMC
Medical specialists of our Department successfully perform operations to correct acquired and congenital isolated and complex heart defects. This includes repeated operations following previous open-heart procedures. Many years of experience and advanced equipment make it possible to perform operations to correct isolated defects with the use of minimally invasive techniques.
- Valve replacement operations
The Department performs operations to replace cardiac valves (aortic, mitral and tricuspid valves). The wide range of available mechanical and biological cardiac valve prosthetics that are manufactured both in Belarus and abroad enable us to select the best possible option for each patient individually.
- Plastic operations on cardiac valves
Our Center employs all the equipment required for successful performance of plastic surgery of cardiac valves (aortic, mitral and tricuspid valves). This kind of operations makes it possible to retain the patient’s own valve and to avoid a prolonged (over three months) course of anticoagulants during the postoperative period.
- General grave condition of the patient;
- Pathologies of other internal organs;
- Blood clotting abnormalities.
PREPARATION FOR A CARDIAC SURGERY INTERVENTION
- Stop taking blood-thinning drugs two weeks before the operation.
- Stop drinking alcoholic beverages and smoking.
- Laboratory tests: complete and biochemical blood assay, general urine test, blood coagulation test.
- Radiological studies: X-ray fluorogrpaphy, heart ultrasonography.
- Additional preparation of the patient is carried out at the inpatient facilities of the RCMC one day before the operation.
HOW TO GET CARDIAC SURGERY TREATMENT AT THE RCMC
- Call the Contact Center to make an appointment for a consultation with the head of the cardiac surgery department
- Come to the consultation on time.
- On the day of the procedure conclude a contract for the provision of paid services at the registry.
- Pay the invoice at the cash desk of the RCMC or via ЕРИП (SSIS: Single Settlement and Information Space)