In our medical center, ophthalmological care is provided for pathology of the posterior segment of the eye - the vitreous and retina.
Diseases of the posterior segment of the eye that need surgical treatment include:
-diabetic proliferative retinopathy,
- retinal detachments and tears,
-hemophthalmos (vitreous hemorrhage),
- postthrombotic proliferative retinopathy,
-macular (central) retinal tears,
-destruction of the vitreous body,
-dislocation and subluxation of the lens,
-dislocation of the intraocular lens (artificial lens).
-consequences of open and closed injuries of the eyeball.
With the help of vitreoretinal surgical interventions, the above-listed pathology of the eyeball is treated.
The main goal of any vitreoretinal surgery is to prevent the inevitable loss of patient’s visual functions and to restore the normal anatomy of the eye. During vitrectomy, the altered vitreous body is removed, the inner membranes of the eye are freed from pathological tissue, they are straightened with gases or perfluorocarbon liquids, tamponade of the eye cavity is carried out by one of the vitreous substitutes, which include a balanced physiological solution, sterile air or a gas-air mixture, perfluoroorganic liquids or silicone oil.
Surgical treatment is performed inside the eyeball through three micro-incisions of the sclera with a length of 0.7-1.0 mm by modern safe and atraumatic methods on high-tech equipment. This makes it possible to carry out the most complex combined operations as one surgical intervention, without hospitalization of the, with absolute minimization of intraoperative and postoperative complications with the achievement of predictable and stable anatomical and functional results with a significant reduction in the recovery period.
Depending on the type of pathological process, we perform the following operations:
–In case of retinal detachment and tears, vitreoretinal traction and tears are blocked, the retina fits into a physiological position.
- In case of fibrosis, fibrosis is removed and the retina is peeled, its surface is leveled.
- In case of hemophthalmia, the altered vitreous body soaked in blood is removed.
- In case of proliferative diabetes, the vitreous body and proliferative tissue are removed.
-In case of injuries with a foreign body, the traction component of the vitreous body is eliminated, the foreign body is removed, and retinal detachment is eliminated or prevented.
- In case of malignant glaucoma - the dangerous load on the posterior segment of the eye is reduced by removing the vitreous body.
- In case of dislocation and subluxation of the lens, a part of the vitreous body damaged by the dislocated lens is removed, the lens is removed simultaneously, usually with implantation of an intraocular lens with its attachment to the most physiological position.
-In case of macular rupture, the vitreous body is removed, the occurrence of adhesions with the retina is prevented, otherwise - traction, peeling of the macular area is performed, which prevents the rupture from increasing.
In our center, the treatment of retinal and vitreous pathology is carried out on an outpatient basis (without hospitalization).
HOW TO GET INTO EYE SURGERY AT THE RCMC
1. Call the Contact Center to make an appointment with an ophthalmologist
2. Sign a contract for the provision of paid services at the registry
3. Pay the bill at the cash desk of the RCMC or through the ERIP
4. Come to the appointment on time