Lung static planar study and SPECT-CT is one of advanced high-accuracy techniques.
INDICATIONS FOR THE EXAMINATION
- pulmonary artery embolism and myocardial infarction;
- chronic circulatory insufficiency;
- pulmonary tumor;
- local pulmonary insufficiency and pneumonia.
THE PROCEDURE OF RADIOISOTOPIC LUNG EXAMINATION
Before the procedure, a radiopharmaceutical agent is administered to the patient. Some time after that, radioisotopic examination (scintigraphy or SPECT-CT) results are recorded and analyzed.
- proven allergic reactions to normal or aggregated human serum albumin as stated in medical history;
- the circulatory effect; right-to-left shunt; severe pulmanory hypertension; asthmatic condition;
- febrile conditions;
- breast feeding;
PREPARING FOR THE TEST
No special preparation is required.
HOW CAN I HAVE A RADIOISOTOPIC LUNG EXAMINATION AT THE CENTER?
To be eligible for the examination, you will need a referral from your physician.
- Call the Contact Center or the Isotope Laboratory at the numbers (8 (017) 543-42-23 and 8 (017) 543-42-19, from 8:00 till 14:00 during the weekdays to make a reservation.
- Be at the Center at the appointed time.
- Fill in and sign a paid service contract at the Reception.
- Pay the bill at the RCMC pay office, or through the ERIP electronic payment system.
- Collect the examination report and the Isotope Laboratory report.