Today, ultrasonic diagnostics is an undisputed search technique, and in many cases is the method of choice in the diagnostics of a wide spectrum of disorders associated with abdominal cavity, pelvis, soft tissues, the musculoskeletal and lymphatic system organs and vessels. The advantages of the technique are its non-invasiveness, promptness, the capacity for multiple iterations with no harm to the patient's health and high diagnostic value.
With the introduction of novel computer-assisted technologies, diagnostic capabilities of the ultrasonic method advanced even further. For a more accurate diagnosis, the technologies of energy and color-flow Doppler mapping, fundamental and second harmonics analysis, three-dimensional and panoramic sonography, and elastometry studies may be employed.
ULTRASONIC DIAGNOSTIC CAPABILITIES OF THE RCMC
We offer the following examinations:
- Vein examination
- Brachiocephalic vessel examination
- Ultrasonography of the abdomen and retroperitoneal space
- Thyroid gland examination
- Salivary gland examination
- Mammal gland examination
- Heart examination
- Ultrasonography of soft tissues
- Women’s pelvic organ examination (including transvaginal ultrasonography)
- Prostate gland examination (including transrectal ultrasonography);
- Ultrasonography of scrotum organs
- Ultrasonography of the musculoskeletal system
- Ultrasonography of the pleural cavity
- Ultrasonography of abdominal aorta
- Ultrasonography of internal vessels of organs (liver, kidneys, uterus, fetus, etc.)
- Ultrasonic guidance is used to perform: prostate gland biopsy, thin-needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid gland, puncture of pleural cavities, abdomen and retroperitoneal space.
There are no absolute contraindications to ultrasonography procedures.