Surgical treatment of hernia must involve consideration of the degree of risk, whereupon the most optimal method of surgical intervention is selected, in terms of pathophysiologic mechanisms.
INDICATIONS FOR SURGICAL INTERVENTION
- strangulation of hernia of any localization;
- relapsed and postoperative hernia accompanied by adhesive bowel obstruction;
- threatened rupture of hernial sac due to thinning or ulceration of skin above the outpouching;
- stage II and III esophageal hiatus hernia.
SURGICAL TREATMENT OF HERNIA AT THE RCMC
Physicians of the Surgical Department mastered all the modern techniques of all types of anterior abdominal wall hernia plasty. At the Center, preference is given to endoscopic techniques that use mesh implants. Our Center is the first in Belarus to perform endoscopic herniaplasty assisted by a robotic surgeon.
- Robot-assisted endoscopic inguinal herniaplasty.
- Endoscopic inguinal herniaplasty (ТЕР, ТАРР).
- Endoscopic ventral (postoperative hernia) herniaplasty with the use of intraperitoneal onlay mesh implants (IPOM).
- Endoscopic, or, “open” umbilical herniaplasty;
- Minimally invasive correction of abdominal rectus muscle diastasis.
The Department has an extensive experience of recurrent anterior abdominal wall hernia.
- giant ventral hernia in patients over seventy years old against the background of concomitant decompensated pathologies of the heart or the bronchopulmonary system;
- liver cirrhosis;
- decompensated diabetes mellitus;
- chronic renal insufficiency;
- oncology diseases.
HOW TO GET SURGICAL TREATMENT AT THE RCMC
Hospitalization of patients is based on surgeon’s referral after a consultation with the Head of the Surgical department.
If there is surgeon’s referral, you need:
- Call the Contact Center to make an appointment with the head of the Surgical department
- Come to the consultation on time.
- Conclude a contract for the provision of paid services at the registry on the day of hospitalization.
- Pay the invoice at the cash desk of the RCMC or via ЕРИП (SSIS: Single Settlement and Information Space)