The Surgery Department of the Center performs operation of endoprosthetic replacement of hip joints, that is, operations that involve replacement of the joint with implants that imitate the anatomical form of a healthy joint.
INDICATIONS FOR SURGICAL INTERVENTION
- congenital bone defect; hypoplasia, aplasia and vestigial limb bones, pseudarthrosis and gonarthrosis;
- ununited fractures and false joints;
- bone tumors;
- rheumatoid arthritis, deforming arthrosis, Bechterew disease, injuries, oesteoarthritis, post-injury arthritis, congenital dislocation of the hip and dysplasia;
- required endoprosthesis replacement;
- required extensive diagnosis and surgical treatment of various joint traumas.
ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY AND TRAUMATOLOGY PROCEDURES PERFORMED AT THE RCMC
Out Center performs complete (total) and partial endoprosthesis replacement operations. Prosthetic implants are made of durable materials that have long service life and survive well in the location of the removed bone fragment. Average service time of an implant is about 20 years, following its expiration, the endoprosthesis must be replaced (the so-called revision endoprosthesis replacement).
- sepsic and septic shock;
- pyoinflammatory diseases;
- acute thrombosis of deep veins;
- trophic ulcer of a limb;
- any decompensated pathology.
PREPARATION FOR SURGERY INTERVENTION
Before the operation, the patient needs to undergo a medical examination to reveal any contraindications to the procedure (diseases of the cardiovascular system, thrombophlebitis, thromboembolia, occurrence of pyogenic infection sites, etc.). After the examination, the form and dimensions of the endoprosthesis are selected.
HOW TO GET SURGICAL TREATMENT AT THE RCMC
Hospitalization of patients is based on surgeon’s referral after a consultation with the Head of the Surgical department.
If there is surgeon’s referral, you need:
- Call the Contact Center to make an appointment with the head of the Surgical department
- Come to the consultation on time.
- Conclude a contract for the provision of paid services at the registry on the day of hospitalization.
- Pay the invoice at the cash desk of the RCMC or via ЕРИП (SSIS: Single Settlement and Information Space)