Surgical treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus has a positive effect on the progress of the disorder which, in most cases, develops with the increase of body weight.
INDICATIONS FOR SURGICAL INTERVENTION
- The patient's weight exceeds the norm by 40 to 50 kg;
- conservative treatment methods fail to compensate carbohydrate metabolism;
- type 2 diabetes mellitus combined with high blood cholesterol and triglycerid levels which dramatically aggravates the risk of cardiovascular disorders.
SURGICAL TREATMENT OF TYPE 2 DIABETES MELLITUS AT THE RCMC
Joint efforts of endocrinologists and surgeons of the Medical Center have culminated in some solid results of type 2 diabetes mellitus management with the application of laparoscopic surgery. The technique makes it possible to achieve a lasting remission of the disease, that is, to normalize blood glucose level, cancel antihyperglycemic drugs, and normalize methabolic processes.
- Laparoscopic and robot-assisted stomach shunting operations (mini-gastric bypass and sleeve resection).
The patient’s weight before the operation does not matter.
To find out more information on surgical treatment of diabetes mellitus, please visit this page.
- severe and irreversible changes of the heart, liver, lungs and kidneys;
- smoking and alcoholism.
HOW TO GET SURGICAL TREATMENT AT THE RCMC
Hospitalization of patients is based on surgeon’s referral after a consultation with the Head of the Surgical department.
If there is surgeon’s referral, you need:
- Call the Contact Center to make an appointment with the head of the Surgical department
- Come to the consultation on time.
- Conclude a contract for the provision of paid services at the registry on the day of hospitalization.
- Pay the invoice at the cash desk of the RCMC or via ЕРИП (SSIS: Single Settlement and Information Space)