Cancer-specific markers are proteins whose concentration increases in the presence of neoplastic processes.
INDICATIONS TO TUMOR MARKER LEVEL TEST
Cancer-specific markers are either produced by the tumor itself (or by adjacent cells) or are a reaction of the body to the presence of a tumor. In many cases, tumor marker level grows as early as several months before the first symptoms of tumors can be discerned by conventional methods (X-ray imaging, ultrasonography, MRI).
A specific feature of cancer-specific marker tests is that these tests do not offer sufficient specificity. This means that the same characteristic value may increase in the presence of tumors of different organs. Besides that, the sensitivity of these indicators may be different for different kinds of tumors of the same organ. Due to the above, it is most efficient to use a set of various tumor markers at early stages, since more data means higher accuracy. Increased levels of cancer-specific markers are not always a certain indicator of a malignant disorder of the body. In certain cases, marker level growth is associated with benign conditions. But even in these cases, tumor marker tests may be helpful since increased values may indicate abnormal functioning of certain organs.
OUR LABORATORY PERFORMS:
The Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory of the Center has the following tumor marker identification capacities:
- Carcinoembryonal antigen (CEA) test
- Alfa-fetoprotein (AFP) test
- hCG+b (free beta chorionic gonadotropin) test
- Prostatic specific antigen (PSA) test
- Free prostatic specific antigen (PSA) test
- (when performing PSA and FPSA tests)
- СА 125 (РА 125)
- Human epididymal protein 4 (HE4) test
- ROMA (when performing HE4 and СА 125 tests)
- СА 15-3 (РА 15-3)
- СА 19-9 (РА 19-9)
- CA 72-4
- CA 21-1 (CYFRA)
PREPARATION FOR BLOOD ANALYSIS
Rules for preparing a patient for blood donation for hormonal analysis, vitamins, tumor markers, markers of osteoporosis, infections, autoimmune diagnostics and allergy diagnostics
HOW TO TAKE A BLOOD TEST
- At the reception, conclude an agreement for the provision of paid services (if you have a referral from a doctor, show it to the medical registrar)
- Pay the invoice at the cash desk of the RCMC or via ЕРИП (SSIS: Single Settlement and Information Space)
- Get tested.
Test material is accepted according to schedule: Friday through Monday, from 7:30 till 11:00, Saturday from 9:00 to 11:00 (on Saturday, tests are accepted by appointment through the Contact Center). Test results are made available to the physician and the patient at 15:00 on the same day.